This is my second favorite bread machine recipe. It has incredible flavor. I got this recipe from the same book that my rosemary whole wheat bread recipe is from. It is a nice little book called “The Best Bread Machine Cookbook Ever” by Madge Rosenberg. Try this recipe, you will love it.
Ingredients for 1 1/2 pound loaf
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup wheat bran
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
Mix all ingredients in order suggested by your bread machine.
Watch the dough as it first starts mixing and add flour or water to form a nice soft ball that pulls away from sides of pan.