- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 1 tsp hot water
- 1 cup nuts, chopped fine
- 2 pkg (14 0z) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups oatmeal (not quick cooking or instant)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine flour with soda and salt, set aside.
- Cream shortening until soft.
- Add sugars gradually, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add hot water to creamed mixture.
- Then add dry ingredients.
- Add nuts, chocolate chips, oatmeal and mix thoroughly.
- Add vanilla and blend well.
Drop by 1/2 tsps on a greased cookie sheet. Bake @ 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Yields : 100 cookies.
NOTE: I have never made mine as small as the recipe says, therefore mine have never been done in 8 min. I probably use about 2 tablespoons and they take 12 mins or so. Just watch carefully while baking.