There is nothing like BBQ ribs. I love to smoke ribs on the smoker or on the grill, but sometimes it’s nice to do them in the oven. Here is a favorite recipe of mine for making BBQ ribs in the oven. They are fall apart tender and delicious. Everyone loves these.
- 3 to 4 pounds country style ribs
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
Cover the bottom of a 9X13 inch pan with about 1/16th inch of water. Place the ribs in the pan and sprinkle with garlic powder and layer with lemon slices. Cover and seal tightly with foil. Cook for 2 hours @ 300 degrees. Drain the water, cover with BBQ sauce, cover with foil and cook for 40 minutes more @ 275 degrees.
- Try Famous Dave’s Rich and Sassy BBQ sauce (my personal favorite).
- No BBQ sauce on hand?, make Jim’s favorite BBQ sauce (recipe on left, under sauces).
- Never pre-boil ribs.