This is truly an old family favorite recipe. I first had this dish in the 80’s at a friend’s house. It is so good and flavorful. Everytime I have served it for someone they have requested the recipe. It is easy and will not disappoint!
- 1 chicken, baked and chopped (can use Chicken Breast or use a broasted chicken from the deli)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 9 corn tortillas (flour ones don’t work too well)
Saute onions in butter. Add soup, chilies, chicken, and cumin. In greased casserole, approx size 8×8, make 2 layers: tortilla,chicken mixture, cheese. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with salsa and/or sour cream, if desired. If you make this dish ahead and it is cold when you bake it, you will need to increase the baking time.