This is a really easy and tasty salad recipe. It is always a hit at potlucks. It will become one of your favorite recipes.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- 1 lb spinach, rinsed and torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cup Craisins
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp minced onion
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook and stir almonds in butter until lightly toasted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach with the toasted almonds and Craisins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar and olive oil.
- Toss with spinach just before serving.