This is a super easy and delicious Marinara sauce and has become my favorite recipe for a tomato based sauce. You can add some ground beef to it to make a hearty meat sauce if you like.
- 2- 14.5 oz cans of Italian tomatoes
- 1- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup red or white wine
- In a food processor or blender, place tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet saute the chopped onion over a medium heat in the olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the blended tomato sauce and the wine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve over your favorite pasta.