I received this favorite recipe many years ago from a co-worker. It is absolutely the best chicken wild rice soup I have eaten. My family loves it and has passed it on to many of their friends. The recipe calls for a pound of bacon, I often make it without bacon and think it is just as good. Some family members disagree with me on that!
- 2-3 cups chicken, cooked
- 4 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1 lb well cooked and drained bacon
- 1 onion, sauteed in butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 large jar old english cheese (or 2 small jars)
- 2 cups water
- 1 8 oz carton 1/2 & 1/2
- 1 can french style green beans, drained
- salt & pepper, to taste
Put all ingredients in crock pot for 6 to 8 hours. Also you can simmer for a couple of hours on stovetop.