I found another old favorite recipe recently. Left over Thanksgiving turkey is perfect for this dish. It is easy, tasty and quick.
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 to 3 cups cooked diced turkey or chicken
- 1 – 3 oz can sliced mushrooms
- 1 – 5 oz can water chestnuts, sliced & drained
- 1 can bean sprouts, drained
- Chow mein noodles and/or rice
In large skillet, saute pepper and celery for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth. In small bowl, blend cornstarch with cold water and soy sauce; gradually stir into the broth. Add onion soup mix. Cook and stir until mixture thickens. Add turkey, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and beat sprouts. Cook just until all ingredients are heated through. Serve over chow mein noodles and/or rice.
Leave a Reply