Here’s another favorite bread machine of mine from Madge Rosenberg’s book, “The Best Bread Machine Cook Book Ever”.
It’s spicy and yummy
Ingredients for 1 1/2 pound loaf
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3 Tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 3 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
Add all ingredients except jalapeno and corn in the order suggested by your bread maker. Add the corn an jalapeno when your machine beeps for adding additional items.
- Watch the bread as it starts to mix and add more water or flour as needed to form a soft dough that pulls away from the pan.
Leave a Reply